Friday, March 14, 2008

The fellas and I...

are finally home after an unexpected extended hospital visit. Who was I kidding to think that we could just go pick up Remington? No, no, not so fast. I actually had the best labor known to womankind. I was induced at 6am, epidural at 7:30, then watched TV and played Mancala with Keith and even got to catch the end of Jeopardy! before going on to push for an hour, only to have the doctor nearly rip me off the table with forceps. At 5pm they decided an emergency C-section was needed and at 5:06pm little Remington was born!
I think we are adjusting well. I much prefer home to the hospital. Remington is still learning the difference between night and day and Keith and I are surviving on no more than two hour naps. Remington has pretty bad jaundice so he will spend the next 24-48 hours laying on a light box. Let's just say he isn't thrilled...

2 comments:

em said...

Oh..little yellow baby...Luke (Amy's) baby had jaundice, and when I took them dinner a few days after he was born, I saw him in his light box...it was sad, cuz he had to have an eye patch on.. : (
I'm SO glad you are home and doing well!!! The 2 hr. naps will only seem like a brief little moment, and in a few months you will be getting MORE SLEEP!!!!! I can't wait to see more pix!!!! We love you, Keef and now baby Remington! How are doggies adjusting to the babe?/

Blue Ribbon Family said...

Oh! Candice, I am soooo glad to see a post from you! He sounds like a bebe in all aspects, and you now sound like parents! ;) I hope that all things start to go smoothly soon, and that you are getting enough sleep to function! *hugs*