Thursday, March 6, 2008
Featured Recipe: Bev's Macaroni and Cheese
If you want some delicious comfort food, this is the recipe for you. Keith goes ga ga over this every time I make it. I love it, too. Not the healthiest meal in the world, but it is oh so tasty.
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 1/2 cups milk
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
8 ounces dry elbow macaroni , cooked according to package directions
1. Melt butter in medium saucepan.
2. Stir in flour, salt, mustard and pepper until smooth.
3. Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk until smooth.
4. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until thickened (about 10 minutes).
5. Remove from heat.
6. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese until melted.
7. Combine cheese mixture with macaroni in greased 2 quart casserole.
8. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
9. Bake in 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
10. Makes 6 servings.
Posted by Candice@The Fellas and I at 6:45 PM