Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I did it!

One week without soda! It has been hell. I have found that I have had snack attacks like crazy right around the time I would have had an afternoon soda. I bought some Special K Protein Water to help curb the insane cravings and munchies. It's not really helping but we'll see what happens...

Week 2 Goal:
My intent for six weeks to a healthier me encompasses body and mind. So now that goal #1 for a healthier body is well under way, it's time for goal #2: Focus on becoming a more gracious person.

Gracious:
1.pleasantly kind, benevolent, and courteous.
2.characterized by good taste, comfort, ease, or luxury: a gracious home.
3. merciful or compassionate

I want to apply this goal to my public and private life. I need to learn to bite my tongue sometimes, so this goal will be a good reminder. One of my favorite talk show hosts often emphasizes that you shouldn't speak ill of someone who isn't there to defend themselves. I think everyone can benefit from applying this concept to their daily lives.


3 comments:

Katie said...

I am coming!!!! I can't wait any longer!! I will be there in November, you just tell me the day!!
Roshita

The Taylors said...

Here are some of the sites I use in addition to cutting coupons from the Sunday paper:
thecentsiblesawyer.blogspot.com
couponmom.com
freebies4mom.blogspot.com
thriftyjinxy.blogspot.com
afullcup.com
print.coupons.com
moneysavingmom.com
moneysavingmethods.blogspot.com

Happy shopping!

Candice@The Fellas and I said...

Keith here, you need to work most on being merciful. I am refering to the merciless tickling tourture. It's not funny to tickle your husband till he cries. Have some compassion for my condition. Kidding, I love ya.