Something about a hint of fall in the air makes me want to bake bread. This is what I'm making right now. The smell is intoxicating! Picture taken when we lived in Pueblo.
Honey I'm Home Bread
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons honey
1 large egg
3 1/4 cups bread flour
4 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
1. Heat milk to 110 degrees F in a large mixing bowl. Add yeast and stir. Let sit for 5-10 mintues.
2. Add remaining ingredients (don't add salt directly to yeast)
3. Mix 5 minutes with a bread mixer or knead for 10 minutes by hand or until dough is smooth and elastic.
4. Place in an oiled bowl and cover. Let rise for 45 minutes.
5. Punch down and shape. Place in greased loaf pan. Let rise for an additional 45-60 mintues.
6. Bake at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
7. Let cool and enjoy.