Sunday, August 31, 2008
Governor Sarah Palin, my HERO!
Thank you John McCain! What a SHOCK! This is a game changer. I had no idea who this woman was until he chose her for VP. The more I read about her, the more excited I get. A few stats on the presumptive Republican VP nominee.
1. Biden, Obama and McCain have no executive experience. As a mayor and then governor, she is the only one with any experience in that arena, 8 years in fact with an 80% approval rate as Governor.
2. 2nd Amendment. She is an avid hunter and pro-gun rights.
4. Believes that Creationism AND Evolution could be taught in school. Believes in debating differing views. Amen to that!
5. Supports traditional marriage.
6. Has a reputation of being a bad ass reformer (she's known as the Barricuda). Earned a reputation fighting establishment corruption, even within her own party.
7. Supports drilling in ANWR and supports the oil industry.
8. She is a marathon runner, pilot, hunter. Her high school sweetheart and husband, Todd, works for BP in the oil field. He is also a commercial fisherman, hunter, and 4 time, 2000 mile, "Iron Dog" snowmobile race winner. Frankly, he seems like a bad ass. They have a very nice young family and seem to be very down to earth.
9. Although lacking in foreign policy experience (as nearly all governors do), she has a vested interest in the war in Iraq. Her oldest son, Track, is deploying shortly to the region.
10. Does not believe Global Warming is human caused. Thank You!
11. Hates wasteful government spending and is a tax cutter.
Gov. Palin is very difficult for democrats to handle. Because of the pissed off Hillary supporters, they can not be too harsh and negative in their criticism. Initially (and even still) they lash out against her due to her lack of experience. It is true, she is young and relatively new to politics. However, since she has more experience than Barak, that argument quickly gets turned around to emphasize Obama's own lack of experience. Oops. So today they changed strategy. Now people are suggesting that her kids are too young, she should be tending to her family, not running for VP. OHHH REEAALLYYY! Try telling an already pissed feminist that she shouldn't be working and should be at home raising babies. Having a supportive husband willing to be an active participant in raising the family, she has been able to balance being governor and a mother. Besides, how old was JFK junior when JFK was pres? Bad strategy attacking her for being a working mom. That will backfire hard.
As we learn more and more about Gov. Palin, I think Americans will get increasingly excited about supporting her. Her story, family, youth and her personality is very attractive and really brings life to McCain's run for the White House. With adding her to the ticket it secured and rejuvenated the conservative base and creates an equally historic ticket as Obamas. It also will undoubtedly attract some centrist democrat female voters who voted for Hillary. I guess we will see how it pans out. This is a big gamble for McCain. I truly hope it works out. I wish her the best of luck.
I feels good to be excited to vote for a ticket instead of just voting against the other.
Perhaps in 4 years if we lose or 8 years if we win, we can see some dream tickets like Palin / Jindal, that would be sweet.
Posted by Candice@The Fellas and I at 7:43 PM