Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Discovery


Keith wanted "good sandwiches" for dinner the other night. A good sandwich to me includes alfalfa sprouts, so while at the store, I scoured the produce department in search of them. To my delight, I came across a variety of sprouts to choose from, including alfalfa. What really caught my eye was the manager special (clearance) sticker taped over a package of very large Daikon sprouts. Sixty-three cents! I love a good deal so I grabbed those instead. Having never eaten them, we were a tad bit skeptical. No worries! The sprouts had a delightful yet light peppery flavor, with a good amount of crunch. Upon further research, I found that Daikon is also called an Oriental radish. The only place I can ever recall hearing about this was on Iron Chef, so you know it's gotta be good!
I know I'm a nerd, but I wanted to share my food discovery with you anyway!

No comments: