Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resolute.

Well, I don't usually make goals for the new year, but considering how much my life will be changing in two months, I made a list of ten things to help keep me balanced and purposeful. I'm posting them here so I'll have no excuse when I lose the scrap of paper they are written on!

1. Read 20 books
2. Stick to a budget
3. De-junk the house
4. Learn to make a patchwork quilt
5. Start making felt baby shoes
6. Lose 40 lbs
7. Learn more about photography, and hopefully improve upon
8. Find a hint of a green thumb
9. Be a better and more effective homemaker
10. Practice civility, generosity, and graciousness in everyday situations

I think given my current "situation" #6 on my list should be the easiest to accomplish, with #10 being the most difficult. I'm looking forward to the 2010 but a little sad to see 2009 go away so quickly!

3 comments:

keith said...

I love it, wife. You are an inspiration to me. I have a list of my own.
1. Play and win 20 video games
2. Embezzle all the money you are trying to save and spend it on toys for myself
3. Be more of a pack rat than I already am
4. Start a secret society devoted to outlawing the owning or manufacturing of quilts and other textiles
5. Hide or destroy all the felt in the house
6. Sculpt a physique comparable to Gilbert Grape's mom's
7. Learn to paint and cover every inch of our walls with crappy portraits of the Beach Boys
8. Salt the earth
9. Leave my clothes on the floor, miss the toilet more often, etc.
10. Perfect the art of curmudgeonry.

Oh my darling Yin, it must be difficult to have a Yang like me for a husband. One Love!

the Eggett's said...

oh my gosh, Keith's comment almost just made me pee my pants. You guys are hilarious. . .

but seriously, good luck with your goals. I had a good chuckle at #6. My goal this year is to gain 40 lbs. . . . we'll see if it happens.

Guzman Family said...

You're so good to make resolutions and I bet you keep them!! My resolution: somehow keep my sanity intact this year. Simple, right? Well...maybe not. :)