Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Big Day

For anyone who is wondering, it looks like we will be scheduling my c-section for either March 1st or 2nd!
Hoping I don't go into labor before then, as I heard a report today stating c-sections are much riskier while a woman is in active labor.
I didn't think this would be my lot in life to bear children this way, but I'm so glad that everything has been relatively smooth sailing until now.
For the tsk-tskers that are asking "Why doesn't she just do a VBAC?" Well, my doctor, Keith and I made the decision together that this is the safest route to go, especially considering Remington's difficult birth. Yes, it's more expensive, harder to recover from and leaves a heck of an ugly scar, but I'll take my chances if it means that I can have another healthy baby boy.

1 comment:

Brenna said...

I asked Mike what he thinks about me VBACing with our next and he said absolutely not! When I was in labor with Bridget and kept passing out it scared him to death. Me telling him of my "traveling down a tunnel" experiences didn't make him feel better about it.

I know this isn't how you imagined bearing children. It's not how I imagined it either. But as long as our children get here safe and healthy, I guess that's all that matters.

Good luck! Can't wait to see this little guy!