Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day of Words

Remi is talking, folks! He's saying two and three word sentences independently with little or no prompting. This means that he has met some of his education plan goals almost 9 months early. Wow! When I originally received his goals from his teachers I wanted to cry and now that he has reached these goals I want to cry even more for very different reasons. I've been his proud little translator for so long. My heart swells knowing that he is finding his way in speech!
The list goes on! His vocabulary has grown exponentially over the last two weeks. His attempts of all different words are more common, which is a huge step. Here are some of the words and phrases he gets better at each day:

train track
stop sign
happy face
sad face
she she's house
no, me!
help me, mom
hold me, mom
my turn
dentist
park
thomas (still unclear)
word world (unclear)
thirteen
work
beach
show
snack
toast
bagel
pizza
juice
milk
chocolate
more please
vitamin
I want...
numbers 1-12

We attended a Memorial Day service at a cemetery on Sunday where the boy scouts were serving hot dogs and Remi said "hot dog" over and over broken-record style for a good chunk of the evening. Today we drove past a different cemetery decorated with flowers from Sunday. He quickly noticed and said, "Mom! Hot dog!"

And most importantly, for the first time ever, Remi looked at me and said, "Love you, Mom." Then looked at Marshall and said, "Love you, baby."

Melted. my. heart.

1 comment:

Whirly Wife said...

Aww Candice your post made me cry. I am so happy to hear about Remi's success! GO REMI!