Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Adventure of the day

Imagine my surprise to find a lonely little turtle turned upside-down on my raised wood deck this afternoon! I can't figure out how he got up there, unless Baxter gave him a ride. At first I thought Baxter had killed it, so I continued feeding Remi his lunch. Ten minutes go by and I take a peek outside. The dumb thing was flailing about trying to right itself. I picked it up and poured some water over it, thinking it might like a little moisture, and waited for it to come out of it's shell. He finally peeked out to say hello...
I didn't have time to find it a proper place before naptime, so I placed it in Keith's crawfish pot with a strawberry top and 3 peas, thinking it might be hungry...
I had a fleeting thought that we might like to have a turtle around, that is until I saw Remi's reaction. When I asked if we should take him to the water, Remi nodded furiously. You would have thought the Black Plague had stopped by for dinner. Remi was repulsed by that thing. Turtle sat in his pot while I drove to the gas station and then over to the drainage ditch where lots of turtles like to hang out.
Turtle was happy to be back in the sunshine and out of his pot. He popped his head out to say goodbye.

1 comment:

em said...

U crack me up! This was fun to read, twin. I wonder why remi didn' t like him...oh well, it just makes it all the more funny!