Thursday, April 1, 2010

Valuable lesson

Keith here.
A friend at work showed me this video. It is brilliant and hilarious. You might even learn something about yourself. Enjoy.



So, who are you? Are you the crazy leader, the first follower or one of the cowardly masses that only get involved when it is socially acceptable? Personally, I don't want to lead or follow. I want to be the only guy left, sitting on the grass, laughing at all the dancing idiots. This short video is a micro example of a macro problem, that people are sheep. It is nice to be able to separate yourself from a "movement" or ideology and remain an objective, independent thinker. Intellectual freedom is not without a down side, though. Sometimes you want to be a part of the group, they seem so happy. But to do so would be an assault on your mind. That and all the dancing idiots think that there is something wrong with you, not them, since you won't join them.

Some of you may say that I am a sheep because I am a Republican and rather outspoken in my political beliefs. Perhaps I am, but I don't think so. I do not follow in lock step what the Republican party believes. I do not like McCain or Palin. Even Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly bug me. I even think that a good majority of the tea party folks are kooks. I think the Republicans have been idiots, but I hate liberals more. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. I am conservative and since Republicans are more in line with my thinking, I support them. Does that make me a blind follower?

No comments: