Monday, August 24, 2009

Pinecone Craft

The creatures (birds and squirrels) are in hiding because of our drought. So in order to coax them out, I took Remi, Zach, and Ryan around the yard to collect pinecones. I wanted to make a little craft that would hopefully keep the boys attention, but that failed. After they did collecting for me, I continued on with the craft by myself. Simple. Pinecones smothered in peanut butter and rolled in birdseed. Hung them from our patio near a pine tree. So far we have seen squirrels, finches, chickadees and male and female cardinals. I think it's working!
Collection:
Roll:
Voila!

1 comment:

em said...

ha ha ha good idea! Maybe it can entertain Remi to watch out and see the animals while he eats or something. I distract Mason by pointing out the cars that go by, or Phil Olsen mowing his lawn. ;) I'd love to have some pine cones to lure a few animals in. ;)
NOW you can say you are "crafty!" ;)