Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Left Wing Intolerance

At the Miss USA pageant one of the top five contestants, Ms. California, was asked a question from a judge named Perez Hilton. If any of you do not know who he is consider yourself lucky. He is a gay "shock jock" type that runs a celebrity paparazzi website. The question he posed was (paraphrasing) "What is your position on states allowing gay marriage?"

Ms. California's opinion is the same opinion as the President of the United States and the same opinion of the vast majority of our population. She said "“In my country I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that’s how I was raised.” Sounds like a reasonable, honest answer, right?


?MR./MRS.? Perez Hilton posted an online rant after the show calling her a "Bi%ch". He also said that in his opinion she lost because of her answer.


What is happening to this country when a Miss USA contestant expresses a view that is completely in line with the majority opinion, even Obama's opinion, but happens to offend some in the gay community and LOSE a competition because she dare express her belief. This wouldn't be so bad if it was just this clown Perez Hilton speaking out against her. The directors of Miss USA, and many other celebrities and commentators were also offended and shocked by her comments. What!?! The group demanding the most tolerance has absolutely NO tolerance for people who disagree with them.

There is an intolerance and totalitarianism on the side of the Left that is very, very frightening.

I'm proud of Ms. California. She was runner up but in my opinion she is the real winner. She held firm to her beliefs even though it was the more difficult decision. She is a good example to us all. Beware the liberals.

Some of you may not care about protecting marriage or other traditional values that are under assault. I am reminded of a poem attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group. My words are the bold.
"In Germany, they came first for the Communists(Conservatives), And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist(Conservative);
And then they came for the trade unionists(Talk radio hosts), And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist(Talk radio host);
And then they came for the Jews(Christians), And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew(Christian);
And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

2 comments:

Candice@The Fellas and I said...

Ok. Since you love comments and no one ever leaves them, I will comment. While I heartily agree with your position, I am afraid that I get trapped in guilt by the 'compassion' argument. I don't like to think of people being left out or having their feelings hurt, so how do I respectfully disagree without being labeled as a harsh, mean, right wing nut job, hater?
By the way, neither Prager nor Hilton definitively argued their point on Larry King, they just managed to muddy the waters even more!
Your loving wife,
Candice

Guzman Family said...

Don't get me started on Perez Hilton. Ugh. You're probably surprised to hear that from a liberal, but no one wants that guy to speak for them. I'm not sure what happened to freedom of speech, but I know that he obviously has a problem with maturity if he called her a b!#$% in a video. Gross