Friday, July 10, 2009

Goings on

Our house is bursting at the seams these days! As I mentioned earlier, my brother-in-law, Roger, my twin nieces Caleigh and Catherine and their two pups, Sophie and Bella, are staying with us while Roger transitions to a new job. Callie and the boys are still in Utah, anxiously awaiting their move to Texas! Life with teenagers has been quite interesting, but Remi LOVES the attention he gets from everyone. His face lights up whenever one of the girls enters the room and he has taken to calling everyone in the house 'Dada.'
It is hot!hot!hot! in Houston right now, we barely go outside if we can help it. This morning at 9am it was probably already 95 degrees. Walking to the mailbox feels like jumping in a vat of boiling peanut butter. Bleh!
Keith has a new obsession: fine cheese! He is like a kid in a candy shop when he goes to the cheese counter. So far he has gotten us hooked on Havarti, brie, beemster, fine cheddar, butterkase, lemon goat cheese and Gruyere. I can't even count the number of times we have only had cheese and crackers for lunch! Yum!
Remi has taken a turn for the wild. He has started hitting us and the dogs, trying to hurl himself off the couch, and screams louder than he ever has. It is quite the adjustment living with a full blown toddler.
I am trying to keep up with everything around here! Keith is such a great help to me. He is considerate enough to give me at least a half and hour break everyday so I can have a little break from the toddler known as Toes. I have been enjoying catching up on some reading, trying out some new recipes and making strawberry jam for the first time. I also had the chance to make an awesome photo book of Remington's first year on shutterfly.com. You upload everything to the site and the end result looks like a beautiful published book. It normally would have cost $40 but through Pampers diapers points I was able to get it for free! I'll scan the cover one of these days so you can have a looksee...

2 comments:

M + D said...

Some cheese suggestions from Danny:
Queso Manchego and Cougar Gold Cheese from Washington State University.
I've had them and they are AMAZING! He'd love some of the shops here in spain. I never know what to get! Any spain favorites?
xoxo
Morgs

em said...

I heard your sister was moving there (from your aunt Debbie) and was SO happy for you!!! How fun to have your sister right there in the same city!!!!!